|الحريري: لقد انتصر لبنان للعدالة الدولية وانتصرت العدالة لأرواح الشهداء|
Saeed Mirza, who met a delegration from the Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL) on Thursday, said he had also received four arrest warrants.
Hisham Jaber, a retired Lebanese army general, told Al Jazeera from Beirut that arrest warrants had been issued but said he didn't think those named would be arrested. Lebanese media speculates that those indicted could include members of Hezbollah.
"Hezbollah denied its relation with this crime since the beginning," said Jaber.
"Those people, whether they are members of Hezbollah or close to Hezbollah, I don't think the Lebanese authority has the ability to arrest them if they are still in Lebanon. I think this mandate will stay open until those people will deliver themselves to the criminal [court]."
But Fares Soueid, a leading member of the Western-backed "March 14" coalition headed by Hariri's son and political heir Saad Hariri told the AFP news agency: "This is a big day for Lebanon ... We have been waiting for this for six years.
"We hope that justice will be served and that Lebanon will be able to look toward a more stable future."
Hezbollah forced the collapse of Saad Hariri's government in January after he refused to stop co-operating with the tribunal.
The group and its allies resigned from Hariri's unity government just days before the tribunal prosecutor filed the still-secret indictments to a pre-trial judge.
The indictments have been twice amended while the pre-trial judge assessed whether there was enough evidence to proceed with a trial.
Tension with tribunal
Saad Hariri's successor, Najib Mikati - who was appointed with the blessing of Hezbollah - was set later on Thursday to issue his government's policy statement which clarifies Lebanon's stance on the STL.
Mikati is expected to state that his government, which is dominated by Hezbollah and its allies, is committed to international resolutions as long as they don't threaten civil peace. But observers have said that this basically means his cabinet will not co-operate with the tribunal.
Hezbollah has said the international court is a tool of the United States and Israel and wants Lebanon to halt all cooperation with it, including withdrawing Lebanese judges and ending its share of funding for the court
Lebanon, according to experts, now has 30 days to serve out the arrest warrants. If the suspects are not arrested within that period, the STL will then make public the indictment and summon the suspects to appear before the court.
The findings of the tribunal have been the subject of wide speculation in Lebanon and there is fear that an indictment of members of Hezbollah could spark sectarian unrest.
The Special Tribunal for Lebanon was set up in The Hague in 2009 by the United Nations to try those alleged to have carried out the bomb attack that killed Hariri and 22 others.